Quo Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Using Quo > Various How TOs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Route card format/content

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Route card format/content
    Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 9:59pm
Hi, new user here - I've been researching a variety of digital mapping programs and so far Quo has looked to be the more promising option for both price and features.

There's just one main thing niggling me at the moment, and that is the possibility of changing the format/layout of the route card generated, and I can't find any reference to it either in the program or on this forum.

It may be there's a simple answer I've overlooked - alternatively it may not be possible in which case this needs to be in the "I would like..." section - in any case I'd like the ability to change a) what information is shown on the route card (many of the fields, while potentially useful, are in many situations superfluous for my purposes) and b) the layout itself - what appears where, in what order etc.

The output generated seems to be in html format so it would seem plausable that custom templates, with placeholders for the various bits of information, could be created by the user as with Memory Map and (as far as I'm aware) Anquet (the former I know also accepts templates in other formats, such as Word/Excel).

My intention is to use the software in a variety of applications - both for my own personal walking; as a DofE leader/supervisor; and potentially to recommend for the DofE participants as a route-planning tool - all three require different information from the route card/summary.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated :)
AlunS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlunS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:41am
+1000 for this too. There's stuff on the route card that I find unnecessary (profile and most of the summary information), and other stuff that I'd like to be there such as elapsed time between WP's instead of ETA, and choice of magnetic or true bearings.

Plus as you say, some organisations such as DofE have strict guidelines on route card layout and content.
Grega View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 7:57pm
Hi guys,

there is no option to change route card layout at the moment. But it is a nice idea and we will consider it for the future updates.

Regards,
Grega
fakir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Grega Grega wrote:

Hi guys,

there is no option to change route card layout at the moment. But it is a nice idea and we will consider it for the future updates.

Regards,
Grega
danke
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic