Quo Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems > Quo Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quo Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbackpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quo Problems
    Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:01pm
I haven't used my Quo mapping for a while but today when I tried to use it, I have run into some problems

First off;  the tiles I already have, have a red tinge to them and a new one I download is not showing up.

Also when I go to my Quo and the "open installer file" I can not find a .qs2 anywhere on the computer.

I am running Win7

TIA

George
Black Cuillin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cuillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:02pm
George,

The red tinge you're seeing is usually down to having "Draw Maps Tiles Areas" switched on. Go to the Loaded Maps tab in the Explorer window and switch it off (it's the button on the right hand side).

If you've not used Quo for a while, the chances are you're not running the latest version v2.4.0?
Any new tiles you've purchased recently will only show up with the latest version.
You'll find instructions for updating here...
http://forum.mapyx.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1271

londonbackpacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbackpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Black Cuillin Black Cuillin wrote:

The red tinge you're seeing is usually down to having "Draw Maps Tiles Areas" switched on. Go to the Loaded Maps tab in the Explorer window and switch it off (it's the button on the right hand side).

If you've not used Quo for a while, the chances are you're not running the latest version v2.4.0?
Any new tiles you've purchased recently will only show up with the latest version.
You'll find instructions for updating here...
http://forum.mapyx.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1271

Thanks for the info on the red tinge, that's sorted now.Smile

I've downloaded the update to Quo, but for some reason I can't install it.  The installer keeps giving me an "invalid drive J:\" I don't have Quo on a J drive but on I.

Usually the installer allows you to pick the drive you wish to load to but not this time any Ideas.

TIA

George

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cuillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:39pm
Not sure what's happening there.

During installation, are you getting as far as the "Select Installation Folder" window?

Also, at what stage of installation does the invalid drive message show up, and does the installer crash out because of it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbackpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:50pm

Not sure what's happening there.

During installation, are you getting as far as the "Select Installation Folder" window?

Also, at what stage of installation does the invalid drive message show up, and does the installer crash out because of it?

I get select a language. English (United Kingdom)>OK then the invaild drive>OK then set up wizard ended prematurely.  I then click Finish button.

There is no crash out because of it, just no way to select a drive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cuillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:58pm
I assume you didn't have Quo running during the installation?

My next suggestion was going to be to uninstall your old version of Quo before trying again, but Grega's installation instructions say this shouldn't be necessary and I don't want to be responsible for leaving you with no Quo running at all if that still didn't work!

I'll therefore declare myself out, and hope that Grega (or someone else) can give you the advice your need.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbackpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:19pm

I assume you didn't have Quo running during the installation?

My next suggestion was going to be to uninstall your old version of Quo before trying again, but Grega's installation instructions say this shouldn't be necessary and I don't want to be responsible for leaving you with no Quo running at all if that still didn't work!

I'll therefore declare myself out, and hope that Grega (or someone else) can give you the advice your need.

No Quo was shut at the time.  Thanks for the help so far, Hopefully Grega can  help.

Its the first time I've had any trouble with the program

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cuillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 8:13am
Another thought....

What do you have your Map, Data and Plug-ins Folders set to? (Edit -> Preferences and go to the Folders tab).
Is one of them perhaps pointing to the non-existent drive?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbackpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 10:52am
Map folder
I:\quo\maps

Data folder
I:\quo\data

Plug ins folder
C:\users\george\documents\quo2\plugins

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbackpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 12:19pm
Ok spent some time on this and now have it all working again. Clap

I plugged another drive in which came up as J:\ and that the installer allowed my to install to the I:\ drive.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic